Blog Archive

Monday 2 July 2012

Review: Sacha Cosmetics

Founded in the Caribbean island of Trinidad, Sacha Cosmetics is a family-owned business that has been in operation for over 30 years. The vision of Sacha Cosmetics was to create a line of makeup that withstood the harsh conditions of the tropics whilst catering to the varied ancestry of the Caribbean people. In the past Sacha Cosmetics has been the official cosmetics of Miss Universe, Miss USA, Miss Jamaica and other beauty pageants.

In Trinidad and Tobago, Sacha Cosmetics is the most popular and widely used line of cosmetics. My sister in Trinidad has used this line for years and while she has been pleased with the results I have had varied success.

Foundation

Sacha Cosmetics Makeover
Sacha Cosmetics claims to have formulated foundations to perfectly match various skin tones and types. I am not quite sure how true that statement is. As a bridesmaid for a wedding my sister took me to Sacha Cosmetics to have my makeup professionally done. The makeup looked beautiful and actually lasted throughout the wedding, the reception and the after party. However, my T-zone was not catered to. Furthermore, when time came to wash the makeup off I had a hell of a time taking it off. What I also did not like was that foundation was only applied up to my jawline so my neck and face had two different tones.

I have a lot of friends who use Sacha Cosmetics and either the makeup artists are really horrible when doing a complexion/foundation match or the product is pretty rubbish, since I see people walking around with rather ashy complexions.


Eyeshadow

Sacha has a wide range of eyeshadows and my sister uses them quite often and while she relies on her fingers rather than brushes to apply her shadow, it looks very nice. One of my friends was a former employee of Sacha Cosmetics and she bought me a pearl eyeshadow palette and there is a gorgeous teal colour - Shanghai Pearl - that I decided to use a couple Sundays ago to match the teal dress I wore to church. The colour was beautiful but after 2 hours it faded out to a silver colour. I was beyond livid. I came home, reapplied and went out. Again the colour faded away. That's when I made up my mind to go and invest in a teal MAC eyeshadow. I have yet to find my way to MAC but I shall soon.

Shanghai Pearl 


Shanghai Pearl on skin


I have very mixed views on Sacha products and most of them are not brilliant. The eyeshadows are a pretty good buy. The foundations not so great. If you need to buy one, purchase it at one of their specialty stores rather than in retail stores. You should look at how the foundation looks in natural light as well as under the down lights before purchasing.

Sacha Cosmetics is distributed in approximately 23 countries from specialty stores on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills to retail stores in the Caribbean, Africa and other parts of the USA. 

Sacha Cosmetics Foundation - 2/5 (A nightmare to take off and retail store makeup artists rarely do a perfect match.)
Sacha Cosmetics Eyeshadow - 4/5 (I reckon I just had a bad experience with the Pearl palette.)

Nota Bene: I need a new cam because it did not show up the true colour of the Shanghai Pearl.

3 comments:

  1. Nope, you didn't have a bad experience with the eyeshadow. I have this lovely dark blue that fades into silver after a couple of hours; none of their eyeshadows I've tried have lasted beyond that. I find myself having to keep reapplying too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that clears up my thoughts on the eyeshadows :(

      Delete
  2. Generally their makeup is not long-lasting.
    I keep having to reapply during the day, especially the foundation.
    And I find that their foundation, more than other brands, keep coming off in my hands and messing up everything I touch. Yes, it happens with other brands to an extent but moreso with Sacha.
    Finally, I absolutely hate the application puffs/sponges you get with the foundation and powders. Very bad quality.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.